Wanna write your own sex toy review ? You can either:
- make a “one-shot” review and send it to the blogadmins, and it gets published on the blog under your chosen nickname after approval (can be text, video, comic strip, …)
- publish it on social media
- becoming permanent blog author is on admin proposal for a restricted number of committed users
Reviews on the blog are published under Creative Commons license, are personal subjective or objective opinions, are not paid, inform if the reviewer received the product in exchange for a review, don’t include ads or tracking code, show with 💰 icon links to shops that include affiliate tag.
- name: Naho なほ
- age: 21
- blood type: B
- location: Yorokobitani 喜び 谷 [pleasure valley]
- creator: RenRen
- posts about Naho
Naho is the cheerful mascot of the blog. Naho appears on random occasions, helping out the team by crosschecking articles, and posing to be drawn by RenRen. Naho lives and studies foreign languages at Yorokobitani metropolitan university and dreams of traveling the world to meet new people. Well-educated and smart, Naho is in fact quite perverted and very eager to explore new kinks. Don’t get fooled by her innocent facade !
From the demon world she came, eager to sharpen her nascent powers on young humans. Melfi the little succubus silently glides in the night sky over the sleeping city, sensing the pent-up lust of the unaware citizen, biting her lower lip she looks forward many feasts for the weeks and months to come. Who’s gonna be her next victims?
Previous blog banners
It all started in July 2012 on a WordPress.com blog, “onaholereview”. Nothing big, nothing fancy, nothing commercial: Akai just wanted to post his feelings about the onaholes he got. You know, some people write travel books about their holidays somewhere to share with friends, some people blog about the meals they get in restaurants, some people post about the TV shows they like/dislike.. That’s kinda the same here, but with onaholes. Onahole Review moved out from WordPress.com, becoming self-hosted. Shared-hosting is easy and cheap (and faster!), so why not 🙂 The blog remains non-commercial and independent, to keep exploring and improving with best cost efficiency.
Starting end of 2015, Onahole Review is running on a team of authors and admins from around the world!
Begin of 2019, following a small rebrand, “Onahole Review” was renamed “Onahole.eu”, expanding our projects and ideas!
Policies and pledges
We all love an open, safe, honest and fast web. So:
- no ads, interstitials, prerolls, autoplays, popups, cryptocurrency mining, Flash animations, gross GIFs, inline-keyword hijacking, retargetting, tracking cookies, newsletter subscription popups, Facebook profiling, sponsored background pictures and all the other crazy stuff Adblock is made against.
- we strictly limit visitor tracking to our needs and safeguard visitor’s privacy in the most efficient ways (see next section about privacy).
- a little sign ( 💰 ) tells you if a link to a shop is an affiliate link (making us earn sales commissions). We also link shops we are not affiliate with. The earned money helps us buy new stuff and pay the hosting bills.
- we are not professional journalists: we post what we want, if we want, when we want, how we want. Our opinions are not for sale. If we want to post something that isn’t a sextoy review, we are free to do so anytime.
- bloggers never get things for free: if we blog in exchange for a provided product without charge, we tell so with an appropriate banner. We blog on those products exactly as if we bought them at full price and shipping costs, and any company asking for special treatment (like native advertising) gets turned down. Product providing acts as a contract: either we proceed with a complete, accurate and honest review within a reasonable delay (usually within 2 months to ascertain product durability), or pledge to reimburse the full costs to the provider and deny such perk to the author in case of abuse. Please contact us if you wish to send us products for review: contact form
Visitor privacy and security
Matomo tracking preference for your current web browser:
Bloggers around the world wish for everyone to enjoy their sexuality without shame or concern. Until we get there, Onahole.eu took some steps to safeguard visitor privacy:
- strong encrypted HTTPS connections so your ISP can’t know what you do and say here [certification authority: Let’s Encrypt and cPanel]
- no external content and dependencies (even Gravatars, Google Fonts and Emojis are cached locally)
- no advertising, no social tracking buttons (Facebook’s “Like”, Twitter’s “Share”,…)
- visitor’s web browser is told to use HTTPS at all times (strict-transport-security)
- Onahole.EU does not call FLoC’s interestCohort() and explicitly disables it with “permissions-policy” header
- own Matomo instance (open source Google Analytics alternative) with DNT setting taken into account, logs kept 33 days, last byte of IP address anonymized
- no personal info on comments and votes used or communicated to third parties in any way; IP kept 3 days for comments and until poll end for votes
- donations possible through the decentralized Bitcoin network using the Bitcoin digital currency (we can accept more discreet currencies like Monero, Dash, ZCash, Secret, PirateCoin..)
- for added user-side privacy in your allday surf, recommended are Mozilla Firefox with uBlock Origin addon, or Vivaldi, or Iridium. You can push it further using the TOR Browser to prevent your ISP from spying and circumvent censorship.
While we at Onahole.eu are very progressive, LGBT+ supporting, international humans and citizens of the internet, some countries don’t like what we do and/or say. To them, we are depraved, obscene and disgusting perverts and a danger to their youth, public morals, or whatever. While we usually don’t cover local politics, we hope citizens of those countries keep an open mind and use democratic and demonstrative action to safeguard and improve individual and collective freedoms, open sexuality and speech, and sanctuarized privacy protection.
Japan: ~3% of visitors
While Japan historically has way less taboo related to sexuality than other countries, recent laws tend to limit freedom of expression. For example: genitalia are deemed “obscene” and must be censored, resulting in the famous “pixelated/blackbarred pussies and dicks” in Japanese porn movies, but also police crackdown on artists who challenge the ban with cheeky artwork. Nevertheless, we at Onahole.eu are not impacted by this legislation and we don’t pixelate our own content even if we cover Japanese products that are.
Canada, Australia, UK, Sweden, France, South Africa, New Zealand…
In those countries where many people can speak English, drawings “depicting characters with childlike characteristics engaging in sexual behavior” are considered child pornography and sometimes prosecuted as such by zealous authorities. Illustrations on onahole boxes can therefor lead to legal trouble for customers although such cases are quite uncommon according to the information from the community. Nevertheless, Onahole.eu informs at the very begin of our reviews if customers should consider buying the product without it’s illustrated packaging to remain out of any trouble.
Russia: ~2% of visitors
We are pretty concerned about the situation in Russia, because aside of limited freedom of the press, the legislator also introduced strong laws against “gay propaganda” and whatever is deemed “obscene” on the internet, causing big insecurity for Russian people and also websites. In this context, the Russian internet authority, Roskomnadzor (Роскомнадзор), contacted our ISP on 28 April 2016 asking for the removal of one review. The complaint didn’t specifically said what was wrong with it, although we think it could be related to the product illustration. In compliance, we set a redirection to an information page and moved the review to a new URL. Failure to comply with the Roskomnadzor’s request would certainly have caused a DNS ban: this easy censorship forces Russian ISPs to tell “such website does not exist” when their customers request access to the website. It can easily be circumvented by using custom DNS servers, for example Google’s public DNS servers: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 or Quad9 public DNS servers: 220.127.116.11 or the DNS servers provided by APNIC and CloudFlare: 18.104.22.168
While we did comply with the first report, on 17 June 2016 we received yet another report from the Roskomnadzor for another review, to which we decided to not comply. And, we banned the Roskomnadzor’s IP range ( AS196641 ). For Russian visitors, we temporarily set up a redirect to an information page. Since then we didn’t hear anything from Roskomnadzor, but are prepared for any event 😈
Following Putin’s order of military invasion of Ukraine’s territory on February 2022 (effectively a war), we explicitly ensured all our hosting providers no longer recognize any legitimacy to Roskomnadzor. We more closely monitor the accessibility by russian citizens and will react accordingly if any state actor restricts their access to the blog.
various countries in Central America, Maghreb, Asian Continent, Southeast Asia
Many countries in these locations outlaw anything related to sextoys, pornography, masturbation, etc. Some even apply death sentence for infringers. We have good hints countries like China, Iran, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Pakistan and India block access to Onahole.eu (the poor internet connectivity of central Africa makes us unable to point out a censorship there). Overall we recommend people in those countries to be very careful about their privacy and to always use TOR Browser or a trustworthy VPN to connect to the web, citizens and simple tourists alike.
A primer about onaholes
“Onahole” or “onaho” comes from オナニー “onani” (masturbation) and ホ “ho” / ホール “horu” (hole, English transcript). It can be seen as a wordplay with 女 “onna” (woman) but the word doesn’t come from that. It’s simply “masturbation hole”. A masturbator. オナホール.
- バイブレータ “baibureta” (vibrator)
- ディルド “dirudo” (dildo) (historically: 張形 “harigata”)
You just can’t have all existing onaholes. Too much of them, way too much. Japan’s sex industry is literally flooding the market with new products, to meet everyone’s taste: and they will keep it at this pace, since the market keeps growing quickly and even extends outside Japan. Why ? Simple: Japan’s society is very busy, it’s not uncommon for a man to come home see his family only on weekends, or even less often. Japanese people also have a different point of view about sex than western people, sex isn’t really aimed for pleasure, but rather on the sole “reproduction duty”. And since having a baby is a burden to women who work, more and more couples are becoming “sexless”. But that doesn’t mean they turn away from any sexual activity: remember that Japan is a small country regarding it’s population, quite often a single house hosts 3 generations (kids, parents, grandparents, sometimes even great-grandparents). If you want some intimacy (alone or with your girl/boyfriend or more people), you head to a love hotel. Or videoclubs and internet cafes where you rent DVDs, BDs, and enjoy your time with onaholes, vibrators, plugs, dildos, nipplepatches, soap, tissue, internet access, … whatever you want.
Sex toys made by/for western people tend to be more “spice-up” toys for couples, for example in BDSM. Of course you won’t find toys with packaging depicting manga/anime characters, it either depicts some porn star, or nothing. It really lacks of fantasy and fun. Western toys are more preliminary toys than lifelike/themed/fun sensation toys, but this may change in the future. The magic of the internet is to bring together people you couldn’t have met before, and we must pretty much thank the internet for growing our general interest for Japan and it’s culture. Just happens we got interested in Japan’s sex innovations too, and once you bite in the “forbidden fruit” there’s no coming back to boring “westy” toys 😉 But some toys are bad ideas, and that’s also what this blog is for: the crap we experienced. We share our opinions and give you some hints on how to bring more colors and fun and sweet stuff to your masturbation 🙂
Step by step, bringing sex-positivity to the world and debunking masturbation taboos.
Getting started with onaholes
No need to rush it, just follow the flow. Start with an onahole easy to maintain, affordable and durable, and check your reaction to it. You will want to try something new and crazier after an few months, exploring different kinds of stimulation until you have your “favorite five” onaholes that make you the most happy. Then, if you feel like it, you can push it further with onahips, electro-masturbators, silicone dolls, virtual-reality devices, sexbots… Start small, keep exploring, follow the innovation and find your own paradise !
🔰 For your first onahole suggestions, check out this forum thread
Omocha Dreams published this guide to help you choose an onahole type, structures, lube, usage, cleaning and techniques, in English, French, Spanish and German. Recommended to all beginners 🙂
About the way blog authors rate the reviewed onaholes and products
The rating is rather subjective and reflects our honest personal opinion and experience about a product, and may not match everyone’s. Ratings may wildly vary depending on multiple factors and shouldn’t represent an average for the majority of people at a given time. They just sum up what we think about the toy, good or bad, and you may agree or disagree based on your own personal experience, so feel free to share your own opinion in comments 🙂
Safety and hygiene
Since we talk here about items in which you stick a part of your body in, or that go into your body, some safety must be. General rules are:
- maker identification and hygiene compliance (beware of shady companies)
- seller having genuine toys (beware of counterfeit and ripoffs, especially on marketplaces, discounters and auction sites)
- materials, and possible allergy (beware of latex !)
- toy cleaning before and after each use (bacteria and mold are your enemies) here a good video tutorial
Materials should be a major concern, exclude any toy containing phthalates, bisphenol A, or other toxic materials usually found in jelly-like toys (sometimes together with the normally safe unless allergic latex, so be careful). Don’t be lightweight about it: risk of cancer and fertility disorder, and severe short-term health issues like chemical burns causing excruciating pain. An usually safe bet are toys made entirely of TPE (for penis toys) or medical-grade silicon. Extra-precautions if the toy goes inside your body: choose only non-porous medical-grade silicon, metal, waxed wood or glass and clean it very well (boiling water, dishwasher, sanitizing with antibacterial soap or digluconate chlorhexidine). Also, you can try a flame test: if a toy marketed as “pure silicone” catches fire and burns like a torch, then it’s not silicone.
Always use water-based sexual lube, in good amount, and not too much (a teaspoon-worth should be enough for medium-sized onaholes). Never use silicon, oil and petroleum (vaseline) -based lubes with TPE toys unless the toy is specially crafted to be compatible. If you notice itching, irritation or skin falling off, stop at once and seek medical advice.
If the onahole is flexible enough, it’s possible to turn it inside-out. Like this you can easily wash it with clear water and antibacterial soap. Additionally, you can use 3% hydrogen peroxide for ~15 minutes as antibacterial and antifungal/antimold, or digluconate chlorhexidine antiseptic, of course rinse well and dry before using. Do not share your uncleaned toys with anyone, in fact share them only with your regular sex partners and making sure you all got tested for STDs regularly. To keep the surface smooth and prevent moist and dirt, put some baby powder or corn starch on the penis toy’s outside.
If you do forget to clean it right after use and it started smelling foul, use white vinegar for an hour, then rinse. Repeat until it’s all gone ! Rinse well and dry before next use. If you need to do this more than once, it’s safer to just discard the toy. If you notice black/white mold spots developing inside, use 3% hydrogen peroxide for 15-30 minutes at least once per week, make it as dry as possible, and hunt for mold in your home (make sure it’s well ventilated)
Sponsorship on the blog
Companies such as shops and onahole makers can become sponsors of Onahole.eu: if your business is related to Japanese products, then take the opportunity to be our sponsor and grow your visibility inside the community!
Currently available banner spots: 0
The sponsorship takes the form of a banner image in the content header, 250 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. It will be a static JPEG or PNG file stored locally, linking directly to the sponsor’s website at the address of their choice. The sponsorship price is negotiable, paid upfront, transaction through Paypal or wire transfer (SEPA/Swift), and the banner can be changed anytime upon request throughout the sponsorship period (new products, special events, sales,…).
Onahole.eu is a human scale community blog with global audience covering Japanese sex toys and related subjects around sexuality, anime and Japan, with over 10000 human visits and 30000 pageviews per month, 6 minutes average visit duration, 20% returning visitors, from mainly USA, Germany, Canada, Australia, UK, France, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Netherlands, with also a presence on Twitter and YouTube, plus other social media by it’s authors.